2020 Beta Motorcycles Announced Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Need to order oil and oil filters for a 2007 TE450.. links, recommendations please?

Okay looking for recommendations and links to the cheapest place to get these supplies.. thanks

local dealer recommends Motool (spelling?) oil.. a partial synthetic..

the bike comes from the factory with a full synthetic already in it, so I don't know if I should keep running full synthetic from day 1 or just change to a partial synthetic after the first oil change?

I would stick with a full synthetic, 20-50 if you cant get 10-60. Your local motorsports shop should be able to get you oil filters, the Hi-Flo's are under $5, just have pretty much any motorcycle shop order them for you, they are HF-154. I prefer to support local shops when I can.

It's been said before, but as I am at work, I have the time... re-faxing my TPS reports...

You just spent $7K on the bike, why not get the recomended (per manual) oil from Agip - full syn 4 stroke. If you can't find (I have posted link before), PM me. Don't think of it as wasting money, you're just showing your affection.

Chris

link sent

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466573&page=3

I'm using Spectro 20-50W Blended Synthetic along with the Hi-Flo filters HF-154. Any of the brand name motorcycle oils are fine and whether or not it's blended Synthetic or full Synthetic doesn't matter near as much as how often you change it. I change mine at roughly 250 mile/10 hour intervals.

I just heard you shouldn't use a FULL synthetic when breaking in the new motor.. but actually I also was told that the TE450 comes from the factory with a full synthetic oil already in it.. so who knows what's the right answer..

you have to call them, they just got the 10w60 in from Italy, not on the website yet. It's $95 for a case of 12 - 1 liter bottles..