Sign in to follow this  

pitster brake bleeding help!!!

When changing out the fluid for the rear brake how can I bleed it properly? After changing the fluid and countless attempts to bleed it I have no brakes!! I tried bleeding from both the banjo fitting and the bleeder bolt but no luck. There is no resistance at all.. What am I doing wrong??? Thanks.

i had to bench bleed a set once so it actually got pressure...the master cylinder gets an air bubble so the master cylinder needs to be upside down but not the resivoir....hope that helps

i had to bench bleed a set once so it actually got pressure...the master cylinder gets an air bubble so the master cylinder needs to be upside down but not the resivoir....hope that helps

I dont fully understand this. The master cylinder and the resivoir are one piece. Can you explain please? Thank you...

I had this same problem and solved it as follows:

1. remove the master cylinder cover and fill the reservoir as required and replace cover.

2. compress the rear brake caliper to squeeze out all fluid/air from the rear brake (with bleeder open).

3. using a syringe force brake fluid into system until rear brake caliper returns to its normal position against disc.

4. you may need to bleed extra brake fluid out of system.

I hope this works.

i also have not failed once even after several failed attempts witha pressure bleeder, you can buy them at most auto parts stores. they do it every time, even when you think there is no chance of it working. pretty easy to use, but you must take the cap of the resivor.

Take the rear wheel off, and hold the caliper assembly up as high as possible. (Have a friend help, makes it easier.) Try bleeding again. Holding the caliper up like this makes it the highest point in the system, so air bubbles should migrate up to the bleeder where you can ask them to politely leave the system.