Sign in to follow this  

250SXF- will 06 FMF 4.1 and megabomb fit 07

Just as the title says. Does anyone know? A friend of mine is buying an 07 and he currently has an 06, he bought the full fmf system only recently so he would like to use it on the 07 if it will fit. Thanks in advance

I think gyt racer was able to get one of his 06 exhausts ro fit his 07. He didn't have an fmf but I'm thinking it may be possible with the fmf as well. Anyone?

I put an '06 FMF PowerBomb system (from the KTM Hard Parts Catalog) on my '07 SXF250 with no problem. The Mega should be no different since all the mounting points are in the same location.

I put an '06 FMF PowerBomb system (from the KTM Hard Parts Catalog) on my '07 SXF250 with no problem. The Mega should be no different since all the mounting points are in the same location.

What about the can? He has an fmf 4.1 with the megabomb header. Do you know if that will fit?

I believe the can's are the same. Mine is the 4.1 Ti. Either way the mounts will be for same points on the frame.

FWIW I got the quiet insert with SA for off roading, works good, takes the bark out. (I wouldn't call it quiet, but it is a big difference) Easy to put on and remove for MX'ing too.

So you basically had the 4.1 system on an 06 and swapped it over to your 07 without a problem then? Just want to be certain.

It was a left over '06 KTM Hard Parts 4.1 Ti PowerBomb system that Munn Racing had that they told me would bolt right on to the '07 I bought from them. And It Did!

Don't be surpised that KTM thinks that way! I put the wheels from my '05 300EXC on it to go off-roading. They don't change such things without a good reason!

hmm, sounds good. I guess we will have to give it a try. Thanks

Yes it will fit. I just got my 07 and put my PC pipe on it from my 06.

Good to hear. We're getting our '07 next week. My '06 280 kitted 250sxf came with the FMF mega bomb and Vortex ignition. After the '07 gets broke in, will have to try them on it.