Sign in to follow this  

Durham ?

I will be there Sunday. (1st time). If it gets alot of rain what should I expect from the trails? Will it be worth it to ride there in the rain? I'm not afraid to get muddy but you know what I mean;I want to have the best possible experience or postpone trip for better weather. Thanks

I will be there Sunday. (1st time). If it gets alot of rain what should I expect from the trails? Will it be worth it to ride there in the rain? I'm not afraid to get muddy but you know what I mean;I want to have the best possible experience or postpone trip for better weather. Thanks

Pretty slippery when wet. In some areas it's a kin to trying to ride a greased Walmart isle. When it starts drying up it congeals into an oatmeal consistancy. I actually like riding there in the mud.

Yeah I agree. The hard pack red clay is really greasy on top when it gets wet.The best conditions for me are about two days after a rain there. Good traction and little or no dust. Should be good this weekend:ride: The moto tracks seem to get get good a lot sooner after a rain than the hard pack trails by the way. It is such an awesome place to ride I know you will love it there.:applause:

Thanks guys. We are going to postpone for better weather. Still going to the SX though.:applause: I want DH to be a great experience and not get stuck in a cabin watching thunder and lightning. :applause: