Sign in to follow this  

Any New Helmet reviews? Looking for something light

Its time to look for a new helmet and I was wondering if any of you knew of any decent helmet reviews on line. I think I'm trying to find a new "lighter" then normal helmet this time. I think I read something about fox having some that are 2.9 lbs but I don't know if that is below average.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

doug

The new thor force is pretty light (not the lightest, but on the lighter side) and I have heard nothing but good about it. I personally love mine and the quality is awesome for the price.

instaed of spending 350 or whatever on a fox, just spend the 500 and get the top of the line arai.

I concur..best money I ever spent on motorcycle products..the Windham Arai. I wish I had a Narita, too.

My picks would be Arai first, any carbon fiber helmet second and any of the Fly Lite helmets third. I think Arai are the best fit also some of the lightest helmets you'll find and one of the few roost deflectors that actually work on a helmet.

I bought a Fox V-3 when it came out circa '05. It was a really nice helmet. Tight fit at first but it loosens up after you sweat in it a few times. It came with a really nice helmet bag and an extra visor.

DSC01582.jpg

The helmet lasted pretty well over the course of the season, 100 + motos on a few rocky tracks. After that year, it began falling apart though. First the strip around the bottom came off, then the ear pad attachments in the temple area, and then the mouth piece insert came out. I was able to salvage it with superglue but the helmet is in a back up role now.

I went with a One Industries Hurricane Trooper last season. I was very impressed with this helmet. The fit and finish are fantastic. Much more comfortable than the Fox V-3. I didn't notice any difference in weight, although it is slightly heavier than the Fox.

I will most likely be staying with the same helmet brand this season. I am going to give a look see at the Thor Force Reed replica. I like the carbon fiber look.

Shameless plug for a fantastic company and my sponsor

M2R helmet - go top of the line with the revelation x3 and you will not be disappointed...

Shameless plug for a fantastic company and my sponsor

M2R helmet - go top of the line with the revelation x3 and you will not be disappointed...

I think M2r x3 is the lightest helmet out.

I have a bell moto8 and love it, it is also very very light, with great ventalation:thumbsup:

I just got the new EVS takt really really nice.Havnt rode with it yet but its nice and light. I think it list at 1500grams whatever that is in lbs?????

I have the HJC ACX3 Carbon and it is by far the lightest helmet I have owned. I have had it for about 2 months now and its been great. Awesome fit, great airflow.

I have the HJC ACX3 Carbon and it is by far the lightest helmet I have owned. I have had it for about 2 months now and its been great. Awesome fit, great airflow.

EXACTLY what he said, except I've had mine since last October. I just wish they'd give us a spare visor with that helmet bag.:applause: