Gearing

Hey all,

I'm on '06 and just had the following done:

--HC piston

--Hot cams

--Porting

--Valves, springs, seats (3 angle cut)

--Exhuast (DMC Comp)

My question is what gearing are people running with similar mods? Based on a search, it seems 14-50 is the way to go for outdoor, but that was from some posts way back, so wanted to see if anyone has some more insights. I'm a fast "C" but slow "B" rider, but getting faster.... Thanks in advance.

hmmm with all the extra torque and power...u probably won't need more low end by going up on the rear...also depends on the track...all that extra power can be used in different ways....wat are the track/trail conditions

Hey all,

I'm on '06 and just had the following done:

--HC piston

--Hot cams

--Porting

--Valves, springs, seats (3 angle cut)

--Exhuast (DMC Comp)

My question is what gearing are people running with similar mods? Based on a search, it seems 14-50 is the way to go for outdoor, but that was from some posts way back, so wanted to see if anyone has some more insights. I'm a fast "C" but slow "B" rider, but getting faster.... Thanks in advance.

I have many of the same mods, H/C Piston, Ferrea Steel Valve set, Stage 1 Hot cams & Head work with a Rocket Exhaust and I run 13/47. I had a 13/49 but was shifting and using the clutch too much, So I went down to a 47 and its alot better. I too am a "B" rider riding outdoors and this is the setup I have found that works very very well.

Racer24 - the tracks are varied, but all have some, to a alot of sand. Fairly wide-open and fast.

Thumper - thanks. I had read some of your other posts as well and was leaning towards the 13-47, then read some about the 14-50. I think I'll go your route and give it a try.

Thanks for the help and keep any comments coming.