Sign in to follow this  

120 vs 110 rear tire

I have been running a 120 for quite some time, but am considering dropping down to a 110. Has anyone noticed any handling difference with the two tires. Pushing etc.

You'll notice quicker handling and a little more power with the 110. The 120 is better for trail riding though...

You'll notice quicker handling and a little more power with the 110. The 120 is better for trail riding though...

Depending on the track i will run anything from a 100/90 to a 120 and everything in between depending on layout and conditions.

Depending on the track i will run anything from a 100/90 to a 120 and everything in between depending on layout and conditions.

Most of us don't like to change tires that much..&...That dint answer his question. But you are right about there is a "right" tire for every condition...

Most of us are happy with"pretty good":thumbsup:

The 120 is great for trails, sure pushes on the track though. Like RideRed stated, the 110's lighter and will help cornering while still giving good bite. I run a 952 (110) and cant keep the front end down, even on sand! Great tire for most conditions.

What size 120? 120/80-19 or 120/90-19?

The 120/80 is great for added traction without the added weight or push. The 120/90 is a huge hunk of rubber that is good for nothing other than protecting your rim from rocks.

I ran one on my YZ250 for a while. It gave me better straight line traction, but I could feel the added weight, and the bike didn't lay over into corners as well. Never bothered to try one on my 450, and good 110 works great for me.

For motocross I prefer the 110. I tried a 120 and you had to be exact. The rear end was planted. For me, I like to be able to correct my turns or sharpen them up with the throttle. A little goose here and all is good. The 120 stays planted.

I like "Beards" idea of using them on the trail to protect the rim.

For motocross I prefer the 110. I tried a 120 and you had to be exact. The rear end was planted. For me, I like to be able to correct my turns or sharpen them up with the throttle. A little goose here and all is good. The 120 stays planted.

That was my feeling as well. I ride Moto only and I feel that the bike handles better in the corners with a 110 vs 120. The traction of a 120 is better but, the trade-off in cornering isn't worth it.