Sign in to follow this  

AMA numbers on frame and bar code?

I just bought a 98 YZ400F and noticed that the Frame had a Red AMA sticker with numbers and an AMA bar code..My buddy said my bike was probably rode pretty hard and put away wet and was definatley raced AMA.. Regardless it is in awsome condition. For me its really hard to come off a xr600R and ride this bike.. Im commin along though.. Saturday will be another track day.. Anyways does anyone know where i might look up this number and set it to any past rider? Anyone ??anyone ???

It's probably just a tech sticker...when we used to take the bikes through the AMA officials really only looked to make sure you had the required AMA and series sponsor stickers on the number plates. Other than that they just pulled the sticker off a roll and put it on your frame....pretty weak....

If it was a pro's bike, it was most likely only his bike for one season. '98 was a while ago, so I think that anything that was abused and beat to death by him would have already failed and been replaced by another owner. At this point I'm sure the bike is as mechanically sound as any other '98 YZ400.