Sign in to follow this  

Another Exhaust Dilema

Okay, so I'm faced with a diffcult decision. Someone I know is selling his Full Ti FMF pipe with powerbomb header for $400. I was debating on getting the full Yoshi SS RS3 for about 400 as well. So which one should I choose? The full Ti FMF or the full SS Yoshi?

Eddie, please feel free to give your input as well!

I am no expert, but

If he will sell you that for 400 I would just buy it from him since it is local.

The gains or losses between the two have to be pretty damn minimal.

Yeah, but I'm worried about end performance. I know the Yosh Ti would be better than the FMF, but I'm not sure about the SS.

FMF Ti and Yosh SS are about the same in perf...go with the Ti...it's cheaper overall and it's Ti!

What kind of DRZ do you have and what kind of riding do you intend to do?

05 SM, all street and track. Just talked to the guy again, I'm sure I'm getting the Ti now.

If the ti is a good deal, get it from him, clean it up and sell it on TT/Ebay. Then use the profits to order a Yosh ti. It sounds like you really need the Yosh Ti on your bike since you ride street and TRACK. The Yosh Ti will make more power in the range you're using the most at the track...mid/top. I'd hate to give up the extra power with just a pipe choice.

SM = Yosh Ti

Once you look at the dyno charts, there is no dilema

Keep in mind that is un corked.

So I wonder just how many people ride around with a TRC uncorked because it is stupid loud.:applause:

Why would anybody spend over $600 for an exhaust an ride it corked?!? :applause:

It's a SM, no there's no concern about noise sensitive off-road riding areas.

Buy hear plugs. Use right hand to modulate db output :applause:

Oh I hear ya.

lol

My system is uncorked but I wear earplugs. It is more for the distance I ride everyday and the wind noise.

So I wonder just how many people ride around with a TRC uncorked because it is stupid loud.:applause:

Not sure why you say its stupid loud??? Are you speaking from experience or just repeating what you heard someone else say?...I have A yosh Ti and ride it 40 miles everyday with no insert...it is not even half as loud as the Harleys and musclecars going by that rattle the windows. I don't know that I would want to ride a bike that's any quieter than this on the street...cars try to run you down all the time and say they didn't see/hear you coming...