Does Anybody Mount Their Bars This High?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, mine are like the exact same way. Everybody is always like, "WOAH why the heck do you keep your bars so far forward, there not supposed to be that high."

Well actually thats what feel the best for me and makes me feel better. And yes they can go that high, thats what those marks are for.

If it feels good to you, rock on with it.

I'm 6"2 and dont run mine near that flat. Running them parrarel with your forks is better for the suspension work and will also enable to you to ride with your elbows up more. All your asking for with the bars like that is a slouched riding position/style!

Dude, mine are like the exact same way. Everybody is always like, "WOAH why the heck do you keep your bars so far forward, there not supposed to be that high."

Well actually thats what feel the best for me and makes me feel better. And yes they can go that high, thats what those marks are for.

If it feels good to you, rock on with it.

yeah, the main reason i did it was because it put a little strain on my throttle wrist so i adjusted the bars up a bit higher so winding the throttle would be a little more even, when i stood up and cranked it i literally was lowering my entire arm or grabbing the bar up forward which prevented me from using the front break as effectively so you know..quick fix up at glamis, i find it more comfortable i'm just hoping if i come up short a bit and the back wheel clips a bit it doesn't throw me forward any more than normal, on a BMX bike with bars like that yer asking for a face plant so you know

I wish I could run the setup on my 450 that I run on my CR500 (Yamaha trying to save every penny by cutting back their cables??)

Flip flop trick with Pastrana 4" bars and the clamps are 5mm forward offset. Most of my buddies say the bike feels like its got ape hangers!! Im 6' 4" and I stand a lot so I feel like im grabbing my knees when I stand on my 450 wish the cables were longer!!

I race dez and a dez race can last up 3 hours. Standing is a requirement in the dez. High bars are a must for me. I have been using the Pro Taper Windham bend with good results. I also run a GPR V1 stabilizer which puts the bars up another 1/2" higher. The set up works great. I hate riding bikes where It feels like I have to reach down to grab the bars. Windham Pro Taper bends are great. Give them a try. I stand 5' 8" tall and I need taller bars to race distance. If your taller then me you no doubt need taller bars.

I'm 6"2 and dont run mine near that flat. Running them parrarel with your forks is better for the suspension work and will also enable to you to ride with your elbows up more. All your asking for with the bars like that is a slouched riding position/style!

I disagree.my bars are at a similar position and it keeps my elbows up and im closer to the tank in corners

With the stock set-up my lower back were getting the beating and i had to sit all the time- not good. Then I got the WRP high bend oversize bars, i added the converters so i could install over size bars so that gave me an extra centimeter and now its perfect. LAst season I had my bars set up 1degre now im riding 2 degres so they are forward and its perfect. My elbows dont drop and I can finally sstand. Yamaha is seriously reducing expanses on the cables the bars just fit. Im 6feet flat.