Sign in to follow this  

450 shootout in magazines

Hey boys & girls,i was gonna buy a sxf 505 2007 ,but then was told by all u guys out there that the sxf450 is probably a better bike??? & the sxf505 wasnt comming until aug. ? So i was gonna go with the sxf 450 2007,then i heard from all u guys the 505 will be in canada in april (&%$#@!) lol.Anyway my yamaha buddy told me not to buy a ktm sxf 2007 450 or 505 cas the 450 did crappy in all the magazine shoot outs (which it did).How accurate are the mags,i was told it was all about who pays the mag more?Cas every one i chat with on line says the 2007 ktm sxf450 is one of the best ,if not the best 450 thumper of all time.If heard mostly GREAT things about it.My yammy buddy heard overheating,starting,suspension & handling was an issue.Help me out.

old or slower guy report. My last two bikes have been crf450's and I wanted something different this year. I have only ridden the 450sxf for a coouple of hours so far. I like it a lot, the suspension is still breaking in, but it feels pretty plush to me. The corning is amazing, great traction. The e-start is a dream. I am getting used to the tank, I don't seem to be able to grip it with my knees as well. I will probably add some bar risers and tall seat also. Check out ktmtalk.com, they know a lot more than me. To me all the new 450's are great. Like I said I just wanted something different this year and am very happy with my choice.

What are you going to do with the bike. Are you looking to strictly MX race it? Your name suggests otherwise.

Have you owned bikes before?

How is your local dealer network?

Have you ever set the suspension on a Ktm up? Have you ever had suspension set up on any bike?