Auburn area riding?

Depending on where you are moving from, it may be a no brainer. Choose Auburn over Sac any day.

Now if your moving from anywhere south or west of Sac I say do it.

If you already live north or east of sac I say it's a tough decision. There are a number of eastern foothill locations that would be a toss up.

Plenty of riding. More than just roads too.

I worked in Aurburn for over a year and it would be a great place to live. Close enough to everything, Sac for city stuff, sking is closer, dirt bike riding every where, Auburn is above the fog/smog level. It does have ice/snow road conditions about 2-6 days out of the year, esp Foresthill side.

I just moved here about a year ago, plenty of riding area's close enough. Wher are you moving from. I came from the sticks, so it was a huge change for me. I would choose Auburn over Sac any day. But I geuss it depends on if your a people person or not. I cant stand the city hense the reason I owuld choose Auburn.

Good Luck... Let us know when y our here. take to a few of the riding areas.

Thanks for the beta. I'll be moving from Bishop, CA, over in the Eastern Sierra. Tons and tons of mountain and desert riding here but no culture, hipness, airports, or affordable houses. We're looking at moving in summer 08 since my wife and I are both in education. I like parts of Sac (midtown), but I'm basically a mountain man at heart, so I think the access would be nice from Auburn. Dirt cycling is new for me, but I've had my eye on the paved foothill roads for years. Thanks, again for the info and the offer. Sounds like a great community.:applause:

Aaron

The housing ion Auburn aint cheap.

No, none of it's cheap. But over here you can get a used double-wide for around 350. Though my white trash roots say Get the trailer :applause: , I'd rather have something with a garage. LA money both supports the area and wrecks it at the same time.