Sign in to follow this  

Cylinder Exchange

Will a 2006 YZ 250 cylinder bolt onto my 2002? Does anyone know where I can get a complete cylinder and head assembly used? I've already tried ebay. Thanks for your help!

I assume your current cylinder & head are damaged. Why take the chance on buying a used cylinder & head for a 2006 bike (or any bike) and it needing repair when you get it? You can have your cylinder repaired/replated by http://www.powersealusa.com/ for around $200 and it will be as good as new, and most people say better than new. They can probably fix your head as well, and if not, you can buy a new one from Yamaha of Troy's ebay listings for around $130, last time I looked.

My cylinder is not damaged. I want to keep my stock set-up and find another assembly to race with. I am looking for a cylinder that I can buy to get bored out. I'm sending it to Eric Gorr, and he's going to install a 285cc kit.

I'm pretty sure you are going to have to send him a power valve too. As far as the cylinder and head, the 02 and 06 have different part numbers for each so I would guess that they wont swap.

I'm pretty sure they will interchange. The 06 cylinder has better porting specs & I'm thinkin' the head has a little higher compression. A few weeks back on Ebay I saw an '05 with power valve assembly, they occasionally pop up.