Sign in to follow this  

06 or 07 crf250r

I have the opportunity to get a 06 crf250 for $5000 or 07 for $5600 otd. What would you guys recommend? Is there that much of a difference for me to want to spend the extra $?

I would get the 07 because they did a few refinements to make it a better bike. They put in stiffer valve springs, new cam, new porting, new header, new AP linkage, different front tire, changed the suspension valving, and various other things, to make it a better bike. And all of the bikes in 07 gained a few horsepower, the Honda is now up to 37.5 ish, I saw a dyno in the dirtbike magazine.

Thanks, that was what i was looking for. Not to mention it would effect the resale value.

I have the opportunity to get a 06 crf250 for $5000 or 07 for $5600 otd. What would you guys recommend? Is there that much of a difference for me to want to spend the extra $?

The 06 has been a great bike. No problems at all... besides the awful stock jetting. I'd get the 07 because the new cam, porting and carb mods.

Not sure if it's worth the road trip for you, but southernhonda.com has 06's for $4683 OTD and 07's for $5283 OTD. It's in Chattanooga, TN.

i would get the 07 especially with the good of a deal....here in new york a Crf250r is like 6 k alone