Sign in to follow this  

Turn into supermoto bike

Ok, so i am 20 and i have a 1998 DR350 with 1500 miles, i want to turn it into a supermoto bike. As some off u may know these have the white plastics with yellow/purple graphics, and a purple seat. I am planning on painting all of the plastics flat black, and need to do something about the seat. I was wondering if anybody knew of where i can get a new seat cover (black). Also want to know where you if anybody has got their supermoto tires and what size. Thanks guys.

Not to sure about the seat cover, but as far as wheels most people are running 17's because the abundance of tire choices. there a lot of places you can go to get wheels. I'm a neew member here a TT but I think there store sells the 17 wheels and spokes. if not there are some other places such as mmracing.biz, prowheelracing, motostrano-store.com, just to name a few good luck.

For a seat cover, just go to your local auto trimmers, pick your material & colour, if your handy with tools you can do it yourself. Its only stapled on, i unpicked mine bought some material & stapled it on.:applause:

I'll second the motion on the local auto upholstery shop, except I just let them recover mine for me. I took off the old cover and pulled all the staples then carried it in to them. Twenty bucks cash and a half hour later I was in business.

Why bother painting the plastics black? The durability of the paint will be questionable, and you can achieve a similar effect by buying a new plastics set in black and removing the gloss shine with thinners or brake and clutch cleaner.