Sign in to follow this  

replacement engine questions

they are definately not plug-n-play if it doens'tcome with it's own harness and CDI you'll have to go to DRATV.com and find the right diagram anbd cobble together some wiring... some lifans motors are okay, some are pretty junky, missing shifts,,, some will even shift past tehir last gear and bacn into first if you pull the shifter again

my recomandation would be to get a stage 1 88 big bore kit for 140 dollars ( 88cc and makes the biek way more fun and more powerfull than any lifan 90cc) from www.fiddyboyz.com and then click th Trail Bikes catalogue link in the upper right side of the page... the guy who runs it is a friend of mine and will guide you all the way through the install if needed. i'm sure you can find a used shift shaft for cheap or maybe even free if you post on some of the other mini boards as well ( try www.planetminis.com and www.fiddylife.com in their classifieds or general topic areas)

you should be able to build him a stronger motor with a new shift shaft for under 200 bucks all together

not trying to knock the lifan motors, but you'll experience much less problems repairing the honda mill

tnot trying to knock the lifan motors, but you'll experience much less problems repairing the honda mill

pretty much sums it up right there. :applause:

I'm just looking for a basic replacement engine for my kid's xr70. It appears some of these are cheaper than the new cylinder/top end kit and shift shaft that I need to fix this one.

I found this one. Any exerience with it? Any known problems? Is it plug-and-play?

http://www.hooperimports.com/product.asp?pf_id=90cc%2D4A%2Di

If you wanted to go the Lifan, Gpx or other Replacement motors. You can swap out your Honda Ign, Stator and Flywheel as they will bolt right in to all the equivellant replacement motors....FYI

That motor is not a bad choice and with the info I stated above it would be "Swap over and play".....:applause:

I have a 95cc motor I just put together I can sell you for $225 shipped. It's a 4 down motor, lifan cases, 41.4mm crank, 54mm piston, E22 head, brand new lighting stator. Only thing is the tranny is a rotary. This means when you shift down to 4th if you shift down again it will shift to neutral. Just want to be up front and honest about that b/c some people don't like them but it doesn't matter about the tranny to me.

I haven't even bolted it up yet in a bike. I built it for a friend who no longer needs it.

I will include instructions to wire it into your honda harness and your choice of 13, 14, 15 tooth sprocket. But, the one you have on your 70 motor will work on this one.

What year is your motor and does it run? If it just needs a shift shaft and maybe a top end rebuild I will trade you straight up for this motor as long as your bottom end is solid. Only reason I am offering is b/c I need a honda tranny for another build.

The last one of these I did was right at 7hp so I will say it is a 6.5hp+ motor. And it will rev a lot faster than the stock 70 motor.