Sign in to follow this  

Injector oil

Ok here is a question for all of you 2-stroke oil gods. What is the difference between 2 stroke injector oil and 2 stroke pre-mix? Before I get beat to death and run out of the message boards, I have been researching this for 2 days and cannot find an answer as to whether I can or cannot run Mobil 1 synthetic 2 stroke racing oil in my 03 JR 50 through the injector tank. Also if I do run the Mobil 1 what damage would I (did) cause?

Technically you could use synthetic motor oil, however, your performance would suffer because that oil is designed to NOT break down/burn at high heat.

2 stroke oil is designed to provide lubrication while still burning easily. Even so, in some of the 'ratio' threads you can see people are running higher ratio's because the synthetic lubrication in 'injector' oil DOES cause a bit more smoking because those molecules in fact DO NOT burn as easily.

The molecules in synthetic motor oil are also bigger and there are more of them than in injector oil.

he wants to use synthetic 2 STROKE OIL not motor oil...and from what I understand injector oil is a thinner viscosity to be easier for the pump to pump...did you cause any problems? probably not...ive seen regular premix used in injectors several times without any problems.

btw i had one of those 50s when i was a little kid...lots of fun

but now i have a honda

:applause:

. Also if I do run the Mobil 1 what damage would I (did) cause?

Oops, saw that and thought he was talking about the car engine stuff as I couldn't figure out why he would worry about damage as pre-mix and injector oils are the same. (you still could run the car engine stuff, nonetheless)

I have 2 injector machines and one pre-mix and all are different manufacturers and all the dealers say it's all the same and doesn't matter though they do say to spend the money and use synthetic.