Sign in to follow this  

Jetting help. 2006 WR 250F

2006 WR 250F

I’d like to know if there are any jetting changes I should make. I’ve installed the JD jet kit (185 main, blue needle w/ clip in the 5th position.) The rest of the jets are stock. Other mods include: opened air box, Twin Air filter, removed backfire screen, Boyesen quick shot, YZ throttle stop, billet fuel mixture screw, cut gray wire, AIS (POS!!!):lol: removed, GYT-R slip-on. I live in north Georgia (below 4000 feet).

Any suggestions on jetting would be great, and also opinions on a Vortex Ignition box or cams. Other than sprockets and suspension (witch I’ve done) I hope I haven’t run out fun things to spend money on! Maintenance is necessary but boring.

If anybody wants to know the GYT-R slip-on was well worth the money!!! :applause::cry::applause:

Did you do the "O" ring mod on the AP screw? I also found that the red needle worked better (4th clip) on my 06', but it's a little colder here. If you feel some sputtering while idling down the road, that's what cured it for me.

When did you buy the JD jet kit? That main jet seems way too high for the '06. Jetting for '06 and up is different then older years due to changes in the carb.

I originally purchased the kit for my 06 WR250 and it came with 170-185 mains, but I had trouble and contacted James Dean. He ended up changing what comes with '06 kit and sent me a new set of mains 155-170 and new instructions. I put the 170MJ, red needle on 3rd clip and no probs.