Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone have a picture of "E" carb properly setup?

folks

does anyone have a picture of your FCR carb on your DRZ400E, from the left side where all the controls and tubes etc are? I've never seen one that was all connected correctly so I don't have a reference point. have searched several forums and googled a lot trying to find such a picture.

To INcrease idle speed does the thumbscrew turn counterclockwise? And what is the starting point, i.e. turns from closed?

thx for any help

z

Clockwise increases idle. LOL, there is no 'number of turns'. Get the bike running. If you have to hold the throttle open, cockwise. If it is idling too fast CCW. Carbs vary and so you would need several pictures. Best bet is to get you hands on a service manual.

here is the view of the carb (fcr-mx) from Sudco

http://www.sudco.com/Diagrams123/expfcrmx.gif

..nice technical shot there William, but can I borrow your reading glasses?? :cry:

I think Zapp was looking for actual pics of the carb on the bike from various angles??

Hey William, when are you gonna' open up your garage so all of us can see that fancy machine & many mods that you've built?? :applause: :applause:

Happy Riding !!

:lol::cry:

My bike is not all that bling. It looks more or less stock. Same old Edge everyone has, mini blinkers.

I've posted pics of the stuff that is different, like the bar switches, tail bag, blink mounts, plate mount, key mount, mirror mount.

My goal was to keep it looking unassuming. Same goes with the motor. When it is finished, it will look nearly stock. Wanna race for pinks...........

exactly.

the local suzuki shop doesn't sell E's. S and SM, but I can't recall ever seeing an E there, and the service guys are a joke.... "huh? WHICH model did you say? are you sure that's the right model?"..... i kid you not.

so, i have searched in vain and never seen an E that was represented as "this is properly setup and runs like a champ".

i live between Austin / San Antonio so if anyone knows of a proper E in this 'hood let me know, or SHOOT ME SOME PICTURES!!!!!

..nice technical shot there William, but can I borrow your reading glasses?? :cry:

I think Zapp was looking for actual pics of the carb on the bike from various angles??

Hey William, when are you gonna' open up your garage so all of us can see that fancy machine & many mods that you've built?? :applause: :applause:

Happy Riding !!

:lol::cry:

I do not think pictures are going to be that much help as what you see on the outside is fairly straight froward. Y

Left side:

A fuel line

Vent hose(s) From a connection on the carb, if there is one, it should go down, if it "T's" into two hoses, both down or the upper one from the "T" can go up with the other one down. Hoses should not have any loops in them, either straight or slightly angled up (if it is an up hose) or down.

Choke button (Black)

Maybe a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) Will have wires leaving it, some have it, some do not.

Maybe a Hot start button (Red)

Idle Speed knob (White, could be black)

Bottom of carb:

Towards engine - Fuel Screw (may be covered by brass plug)

Center - 17mm Cap - Covers Main Jet and may provide access to Pilot jet, depends on carb model.

Right Side:

Vent hoses - Same logic as left

Throttle cable(s)

:applause: :applause: :lol:

A million thanks. these are going in my perma-file.

from looking at this, I think all my stuff is hooked up like this one. Just to be sure, in your topmost/first picture, the big fuel feeder hose obscures that little host right behind it. if I understand it right, that's just a loop, going from that little nipple poking horizontal off the left side, looping under the enrichener, and into the carb body on the right side. Am I seeing that one right?

one other question, again on first/top picture. The larger tube going north up around the top of the carb and back down, with the big plastic connector on it, do the stock ones have a T-connector there.... maybe its in the picture but just turned away where I cannot see it. I think mine is a t-connector there that hooks into the cylinder head or something?

my extended fuel mix screw doesn't look like that.. its red, has a flat slot on the end, has 1-2 on one side and 1-1 on the other side, which is meaningless since when closed its showing a tad past the side that says 1 over 2. I ordered all this from thumpertalk store, here's the paste: [this was back in 2005]

WB_KN0132 FCR MAIN JET 155

1 $3.24 $3.24

FMS02 ZIP T FUEL MIX SCRW - FMS02

1 $19.76 $19.76

here you go, if you need more let me know

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

hey, one more question: i did this before and now can't figure out how I got 'er done: what's the secret to removing the throttle cable-tips from their connectors. I have them unscrewed from the seats but how to unlatch/unhook?

Helps to also loosen up the adjuster near the throttle. Yes, they are tricky to pop out odf the wheel even with as much free play as possible. Patience and think, they will just pop up suddenly.

The hoses with the "T" are the vent hoses I described earlier.

As far as the fuel screw goes, many colors and styles out there. In the picture of lesurfman's carb, he has a Keintech. The numbers do not really mean anything, they somply provide you with a relative position. You screw the screw in carefully and gently till it just seats/bottoms out. Look at the marking facing you. You turn the screw till you see the same mark, that is one turn and so on. See what I mean?

exactly.

the local suzuki shop doesn't sell E's. S and SM, but I can't recall ever seeing an E there, and the service guys are a joke.... "huh? WHICH model did you say? are you sure that's the right model?"..... i kid you not.

so, i have searched in vain and never seen an E that was represented as "this is properly setup and runs like a champ".

i live between Austin / San Antonio so if anyone knows of a proper E in this 'hood let me know, or SHOOT ME SOME PICTURES!!!!!

Man, it's exactly the opposite down here in Aus. When you walk into a dealership here all you see are E's. No S or SM's. If someone wants an SM, my local dealer offers a full Talon/Excel motard kit for the E fitted from new (what I've go). And there's of course no point at all in the S model here even though they are available - the E's are fully plateable in every state :applause:

Anyway I digress - Zapp, I'm pulling my seat, tank and shrouds today for a bit of maintenance so I'll snap some pics for you :applause:

Man, it's exactly the opposite down here in Aus. When you walk into a dealership here all you see are E's. No S or SM's. If someone wants an SM, my local dealer offers a full Talon/Excel motard kit for the E fitted from new (what I've go). And there's of course no point at all in the S model here even though they are available - the E's are fully plateable in every state :applause:

Anyway I digress - Zapp, I'm pulling my seat, tank and shrouds today for a bit of maintenance so I'll snap some pics for you :applause:

I'd love to see those photos too. Theres two nipples on the bottom of the carb, i believe one faces down and the other to the back of the bike, mind getting some shots of these? Thanks in advance.