Sign in to follow this  

Kickstarter Jamed

no but some one told me that the gear in the kickstarter is jamed could that be true but if it is siezed do i have to get the top end redone or just piston n rings

usually piston and rings, but your cylinder may need a hone job or somthing like that if they seized up really bad

honing is just basicly snading down the bore...you only need to replate if the bore is scored or damaged in any way....sound to me like you need to take it to a dealer?? unless you feel comfortable taking the head off yourself?

ya redoing the head and new piston rigs like $500-600 ya i not realy happy about that if thats the case i just going to sell......but i was riding it then it cut out no noise just sounded like it bog out idk...

if your saying that your transmission fluid was low then you probably siezed a bearing in the transmission...the only way to know for sure is to try to take the cylinder off or just split the cases

selling is not the option unless it is a real peice of crap. selling a bike with a mystery problem and the kickstarter is seized is going to get you absolutly no money.at very least figure out what the problem is. then make up your mind. i dont see it costing 600$. just take it apart and see what happens.