Sign in to follow this  

Klx 300

So i was just checking them out and was woundering if they would do pretty good in the desert? my buddy needs a bike and is kinda just starting out and it 5'11 175 pounds, he also wants to kno if it will have the hit of his old quad(z-400) ive never riddin a klx 300 so yeah, just want some pros/cons i guess, thanks :applause:

If most of the riding will be in open desert, a different bike may be better for him. The KLX300 is not known for its high speed stability, that's why it is so good on tight single track.

Ride on

Brewster

nice brewster. I could not have said it any better. yeah the klx is not that great in the dessert terain. and the quad that he came off of. The klx will not be able to do the same as the quad. i would recomend like a XR400/XR250

yeah the klx isnt a very stable bike in the sand. Also for desert riding the klx would be underpowered. go with something with more power like a 450f or 250 two stroke.

yeah like bill said. he should get at least a 450. so that you have the power.

I'd agree the KLX300 just doesn't have enough for the desert. But for the wooded trails it is great.

On tight twisty trails you will be waiting for your buddies on larger bikes. In the desert your friends on larger bikes will be waiting for you...for awhile.