Sign in to follow this  

Kick stand advice?

Okay so I need a kick stand and im looking at the PMB or the Trailtech. Whichc do you prefer and why??

I have both and like the PMB better. No external spring to break (I did have a TT spring break) and they sent me one for free.

I like the way the PMB tucks up behind the sidepanel and is out of the way.

trail tech is what i got on my 03 and 07----if you break a spring which i did after 4 years on my 03 they will send another to you no questions asked---well except for name and address----i also lay'd her down and bent the footpeg mount from them----called them up and they sent me a new no questions asked well except for my name and address ---- i like the new one i got that is powdercoated black

Just put a TT on last night, it fit great! Looks good and now I can take a break and get away from my bike. Desert doesn't offer many kickstands!

Okay so I need a kick stand and im looking at the PMB or the Trailtech. Whichc do you prefer and why??

PMB hands down, NO SPRING. My Trail Tech broke on the trail and started flapin in the wind! Not very safe riding with a kick stand down, had to commendear some wire off a nearby fence to keep it up. If you do get a Trail tech (but dont) I put a velcro strap on the swing arm just in case it did it again.

PMB. It tucks up and out of the way. Use it in Baja and no problems at all. Not familiar with the TT.

I've had a Trailtech for a couple of years. It works fine for the $. It does seem to make the bike lean over a bit more that I would like. The PMB one looks nicer and is probably the better choice if $ isn't the deciding factor. You get what you pay for.

does the pmb from an 04 fit an 02 i ordered one for my buddy and i thought he said he had an 04 ive got it in my hands now and supposed to install tomorrow ? his bike is 02

I typically think kickstands look pretty gay (no offense). However, my buddy just put a PMB on his R and it took me a minute before I realized he even had one on his bike. It tucks behind the side plate and almost looks like part of the sub frame. A once long time hater of the kick stand, I now want one for my R. Go with the PMB! But dang they are expensive!:applause:

UteM, not gay in baja after 100mi and nowhere to prop up the bike but a pucker bush. I just take it off when I am around here.

I forgot, I also think they look Gay on an R .

does the pmb from an 04 fit an 02 i ordered one for my buddy and i thought he said he had an 04 ive got it in my hands now and supposed to install tomorrow ? his bike is 02

Can I be your buddy too? My address is 1200 easy street, usa....................... :applause:

i just put on from a 450x on mine. looks factory and works great. it went on in less than 5 min. and the can be had for cheap off of ebay or someone with an X.