Sign in to follow this  

free maps for johnson valley?

I don't know of a "trail" map of the area. The only BLM maps that I have seen only define the boundries. I usually take a AAA county map. It has the main ridges, mountains and dirt roads. It works ok for orientation. One of the best things that I like is that you can explore. Just pick a direction and see whats there. Head up a wash to see if you can make it to the other side.

I'm headed out there tonight or tomorrow morning for the weekend. I can't wait. It should be awesome if there was some rain yesterday.

Try the BLM office on Central Rd in Apple Valley. Not sure if they have 'em not sure if they're free but that seems like that would be a good place to start.:applause:

It should be awesome if there was some rain yesterday.

Oh and yes it rained like a SUMUPOBEASHH for a few hours last night. Should be just right for the weekend.:applause:

Follow this link

http://CTUC.info

Buy the San Bernardino National Forest and Barstow BLM Areas map

it covers Johnson Valley

They also have them at the Barstow BLM office and

some motorcycle shops carry them. They are $3.00

Wayne

I emailed/mailed the state regarding OHV issues several times and now I get packets of maps and every publication by the BLM for the state.

I'm on some sort of mailing list..not a bad one either!

For example in the last packet I received last week I got:

CTUC Angeles National Forest and El Mirage area map

CTUC Los Padres Forest and Hungry Valley SVRA area map

Friends of Jawbone off-highway vehicle map

Oceano Dunes map

Carnegie map

Prairie City map

Hungry Valley map

Ocotillo Wells map

Hollister Hills map

A State map with EVERY OHV area identified and contact numbers!

Dirt MSF info

Noise Regs info

Right Rider packet

The Official guide to California escapes booklet..64 pages.

These are all the color maps and booklets.

The point of all this is without even asking about the maps and not living in Southern California they sent me 2 of the 3 CTUC color maps..FREE. I didn't even get hit up for postage plus loads of others thrown in.

The real point is get involved, ask questions and contact the state..let them know you exist, care and ride! Who knows..you might get cool stuff back in the mail.:applause:

Michael where id you e-mal/mail too. I would like to send them an e-mail or snail mail.

Cleonard, it actually had a some snow very early this morning, was dry by daylight though. I live 20 minutes from Johnson Valley OHV area in Yucca Valley.

Michael where id you e-mal/mail too. I would like to send them an e-mail or snail mail.

Cleonard, it actually had a some snow very early this morning, was dry by daylight though. I live 20 minutes from Johnson Valley OHV area in Yucca Valley.

I can't remember which one might have triggered the freebies.

I just started emailing and sending mail in on topics and requested to know more about what was going on.

Start here ohvinfo@parks.ca.gov and send an email stating you want to know about riding areas and see what happens

Here's the web page http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=22101