Sign in to follow this  

question about break in

alright im going to an indoor race next weekend i just got my new bike and all ive done is started it. i know i have to change the oil after its broken in but we are not allowed to have oil, etc. inside the building because its in a horse arena. its most likly going to be cold as hell because its up by fargo ND so outside will suck ass. ill be riding my bike friday night practice, sat morning practice then racing that night and sunday morning. do you guys think i should try to be sneaky and change my oil somewhere where i can clean it easily if i spill some and just be extra careful. i normally change my oil after i break my bike in after about one day of riding it but this is going to be 3. so i dunno wut to do.... any help would be appreciated thanks!

Go find yourself a field and do a few hard starts about 2nd or 3rd gear. Then change your oil and filter then you should be good.

ya but the problem is finding a place to change the oil...... i guess i could do it in my trailer but it will be colder than :applause:

ahhh wutever ill just run it till its warm then bring out to the trailer and drain it i guess it shouldnt take that long. how long tho till i change it after practice on friday? ill be riding from like 5 to 10 so about 3 and half hours of riding im thinking

ahhh wutever ill just run it till its warm then bring out to the trailer and drain it i guess it shouldnt take that long. how long tho till i change it after practice on friday? ill be riding from like 5 to 10 so about 3 and half hours of riding im thinking

Yeah you could do that but what your trying to do during breakin is seat the rings on the pistion and you have to put the engine under load to do that. Heck if you want you could (Yeah im gonna get flamed for this) run it hard down the street but its your risk should you die, kill, get arrested, screw up the view of the sport in your area ..or something to that affect.

Hell just run the thing during the race then change the oil afterwards. Honestly how long are you going to ride the thing during the whole race. Maybe 2-3 hrs tops? Thats should be good enough for breakin and the first oil change. Beat the bike its what its made for!

Break-in instructions are in the manual. Follow them. In short RTFM :-)

ya ya ya i know how to break in a damn bike but i normally dont ride it as long as i would next weekend before i do and judging from the last race it might be over how long the manual says, so i was asking if it will be alright thats all. thank you to who actually tried to help me out.

Originally Posted by tom_dappert

Break-in instructions are in the manual. Follow them. In short RTFM :-)

What break-in procedure? Ride it like you stole and it will be broke it.

I would heat cycle the motor about 3 times. By this I mean run the bike for a couple of minutes from idle up but don’t rev it out. Then just ride it at the track. It’s indoors so you’re not going too be pinned out very long.