Sign in to follow this  

Feeler Gauge???

Does anyone have any tips as to where to find some narrow feeler guages that can get to that middle intake valve? To check the clearances? some that are even angled at the tips would be great!!! Appreciate the help!!!

go to autozone...get a good one that has an increment of .01... sells for like 7 buks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Horex-Germany-Thin-Blade-Metric-Feeler-Gauge-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43991QQihZ020QQitemZ300086409019QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Just got a set of these. They are thin and metric.

Using a metric feer gauge that goes in increments if mm (not inches) is more accurate because it allows you to get betwee the values.

Think of this: Would you measure a something with a tape measure, and it only went in inches compared to 16ths? Of course not. Same concept. Metric gauges have more values and can read values between inch gauges.

-Philly

Note that I looked around for a long time for some thin metric gauges. Snap on sells metric gauges, but they are 1/2" wide. You would have to trim it, thus giving you an error. I could only find these, which is metric, and thin (only 1cm wide).

just cut and bend them to fit.....they still do the same job no matter how wide they are

Whyen you cut, there is a big chance that you can raise an edge. If not, your edge will be rough, giving you an error.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Horex-Germany-Thin-Blade-Metric-Feeler-Gauge-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43991QQihZ020QQitemZ300086409019QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Hi 250 Tumper!

I would like to buy tappets for my yz250f and I looked theese up,but are they the right size?I think they are too thin..

intake 0.10mm-0.15mm

exhaust 0.17mm-0.22mm

theese on ebay go from 0.03-0.10mm

:applause:

never mind I finally figured it out! :lol:

you just put 2 blades in to count! right?

Hi 250 Tumper!

I would like to buy tappets for my yz250f and I looked theese up,but are they the right size?I think they are too thin..

intake 0.10mm-0.15mm

exhaust 0.17mm-0.22mm

theese on ebay go from 0.03-0.10mm

:applause:

never mind I finally figured it out! :lol:

you just put 2 blades in to count! right?

Yup, just double or triple them up...

I just got mine, and they are very thin on the end, and about halfway up the blade it is 1 cm. These should have no0 problem slipping into the head.

Whyen you cut, there is a big chance that you can raise an edge. If not, your edge will be rough, giving you an error.

Ya so I just use the side that isn't cut and slide it into the valve clearance, just let the rough cut edge hang over a little. no big deal.

They may be in spec. A bent feeler gauge will make it hard to slip into the valve, making you think that you have a smaller value, but you may not.

Unless these feeler gauges that I got are incorrect and not accurate at all, I actually ahve more clearance than I thought I did