Sign in to follow this  

With tall seat would i need bar raisers?

IM 6'2. Bike 06 yz250f I did put on reed/henry bend bars, wich are about maybe 1" inch taller or less. Now im searching for a tall seat and i have decided with SDG. once i add the tall seat, should i raise my bars another inch or so with raisers? Does anyone know who sells the raisers and also is there any other company that makes blue and black tall seats? because SDG said they do not make color seats anymore.

An even better idea would be lower foot pegs. Then you wouldn't have to get a taller seat and it would lower your center or gravity. try fastway i think theres are called "low boy" pegs.

then the pegs will drag like on a CRF150 i rode once haha. maybe i can do taller seat, lower pegs, and raisers is that the best choice?

An even better idea would be lower foot pegs. Then you wouldn't have to get a taller seat and it would lower your center or gravity. try fastway i think theres are called "low boy" pegs.

I should be getting my fastway pegs for my 06 today but they say you can't run them in the low position on the 06 without buying additional hardware due to the bolt head that sticks out under the pegs.

I am also 6'2" and have the Windham bend bars that are a little taller than Reed and put MXbonz risers on the stock triple clamps.......I don't have but one short ride like this but it seems to be better, and with the pegs lowered (will see how that goes when I get them) it should fit pretty good:thumbsup:

There is no stock answer for everyone, try something and see if you like it:ride:

I should be getting my fastway pegs for my 06 today but they say you can't run them in the low position on the 06 without buying additional hardware due to the bolt head that sticks out under the pegs.

I am also 6'2" and have the Windham bend bars that are a little taller than Reed and put MXbonz risers on the stock triple clamps.......I don't have but one short ride like this but it seems to be better, and with the pegs lowered (will see how that goes when I get them) it should fit pretty good:thumbsup:

There is no stock answer for everyone, try something and see if you like it:ride:

where did you get the MXbonz risers at TT store? and they fit without any modification? I wonder if 10mm would be enough with the reed bend. You said you got windham bars, how much taller are those compared to reed do you know?

Also with the new bar and raisers how does it improve your riding, easier to be in attack position? easier white standing up, where have you notices improvement?

thanks

I just run CR hi's. No need for bar risers...

yea but i already got the bars so why waste money on new bars you know? raisers are only like $40 ill need about 10mm to the reed bend and im sure it will make a huge difference.

Get some Tusk Adjustable bar raisers. They let you choose from a variety of different heights. Look for them at Rockymountainatvmc.com I bought them, and love them. They are cheap too!!!

where did you get the MXbonz risers at TT store? and they fit without any modification? I wonder if 10mm would be enough with the reed bend. You said you got windham bars, how much taller are those compared to reed do you know?

Also with the new bar and raisers how does it improve your riding, easier to be in attack position? easier white standing up, where have you notices improvement?

thanks

I am looking to make it easier to stand and havn't had all my parts on yet (just got the pegs on Friday) and everything seems to fit me better.....I am going to an indoor track next week and can give you a report then, but for now all I can do is hope.

MXbonz.com is where I got the risers....I think I called them to make sure I got what I needed and they shipped them right out.

I will put some pics up in a little bit to show you how it looks:thumbsup:

I am looking to make it easier to stand and havn't had all my parts on yet (just got the pegs on Friday) and everything seems to fit me better.....I am going to an indoor track next week and can give you a report then, but for now all I can do is hope.

MXbonz.com is where I got the risers....I think I called them to make sure I got what I needed and they shipped them right out.

I will put some pics up in a little bit to show you how it looks:thumbsup:

ok thanks, will be waiting :applause:

Sorry I forgot lol, I took several pics:thumbsup:

Picture290.jpg

Picture283.jpg

Picture282.jpg

Picture285.jpg

Picture286.jpg

Picture289.jpg

You can see on one of the pegs pics the bolt is in the way but I am going to try it like this, but if it doesn't work well fastway makes a kit for it.

Also I think the pegs are lower than I expected so should be good:thumbsup:

IM 6'2. Bike 06 yz250f I did put on reed/henry bend bars, wich are about maybe 1" inch taller or less. Now im searching for a tall seat and i have decided with SDG. once i add the tall seat, should i raise my bars another inch or so with raisers? Does anyone know who sells the raisers and also is there any other company that makes blue and black tall seats? because SDG said they do not make color seats anymore.

Get the SDG seat and get a cover.