Are you a 'Spode'?

Are you a spode?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spode

The word "Spode" is a common insult used ridicule a motocross rider who is lacking severely in the skills department. Spodes are often easily found before they even get on the track. Just look for the guy with black plastic, cut fenders, baggy pants, Metal Mulisha stickers everywhere, and a bike that fumigates the track as it goes along. People who ride in street bike helmets while on a dirtbike are also spodes.

Do you only venture out to the local OHV or track once or twice a year?

Do you forget to bring fuel, water and food for your day of ‘riding’?

Do you timeshare the ATC or quad?

Do you scream at or chase the rider who won’t relinquish the ATC or quad when his/her time is complete?

Do you share the same helmet?

Do you argue over the ‘glove’?

Do you attempt to ‘roost’ and then look back to see how much dust you’ve managed to kick up?

Have you never ridden out of eyesight of the campgrounds?

Did you really believe that the Sparky would remain attached all day with just two ¼” sheet metal screws?

Do you drive your mom’s Isuzu pickup with the ATC or quad loaded vertically on its rear tires and seat?

Do you use clothesline instead of tie-downs?

If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you are a spode.

• Like 2

Are you a spode?

The word "Spode" is a common insult used ridicule a motocross rider who is lacking severely in the skills department. Spodes are often easily found before they even get on the track. Just look for the guy with black plastic, cut fenders, baggy pants, Metal Mulisha stickers everywhere, and a bike that fumigates the track as it goes along. People who ride in street bike helmets while on a dirtbike are also spodes.

Do you scream at or chase the rider who won’t relinquish the ATC or quad when his/her time is complete?

Do you attempt to ‘roost’ and then look back to see how much dust you’ve managed to kick up?

Did you really believe that the Sparky would remain attached all day with just two ¼” sheet metal screws?

Do you drive your mom’s Isuzu pickup with the ATC or quad loaded vertically on its rear tires and seat?

Great thread.

Just as the other one you just recently posted. You should be proud of yourself.

Are you a spode?

Does the "Urban Dictionary" have a reverse lookup feature? I'm just wondering if there's any way to find out what term the 15 year-olds are using these days to refer to an arrogant ****weed that thinks he has the right to determine what color someone else's bike should be or how/where/how often they should ride it...

Are you a spode?

Repost this message in the next 5 minutes. If you dont then you are a spode.

I love how when you click the link and go down to number 6 or 7 it will say

A motorcyclist lacking skill or experience.................................................

See "Mike Alessi"

haha

• Like 1

Check me under the "forgot gas" thingie. I once spent a week prepping my bike for a big annual race, then another couple days cleaning it. The thing was absolutely the trickest-looking thing in the pits...until I had to fire it up for the first practice and realized the tank was bone-dry! It didn't even have enough to start it! I had to borrow gas from a buddy, who used synthetic oil and mixed it at 50:1. The bike ran hard that day, but needed a new piston after that race.

Another time I took my bike (and all my crap) out of the truck at the car wash and like all morons, I pulled the truck ahead, cranked up the stereo and washed my bike and boots, all the while rocking out to Def Leppard (hey, it was the '80's). I loaded my bike and headed home. As I was unloading everything, I realized I forgot my boots at the car wash! So I hopped in my ride and blasted down the road to the car wash. Along the way, I came upon a driver who was intent on staying in the fast lane, driving just under the speed limit. I wanted to drive double the speed limit, so what could I do? I did what we all do, I rode his ass, about 2 feet off the bumper. Then he tapped his brakes to get my attention, so I flipped him off! Re-read this and see if you can find even one smart move on my part so far. Go ahead I'll wait.

The guy turned out to be an undercover cop and yes, they write traffic tickets, too. So I got to spent 8 hours in traffic school, plus pay a $90 fine, but I got my boots back! Aaaahhh, to be 20 again!

Great thread.

Just as the other one you just recently posted. You should be proud of yourself.

No shit!:applause:

hahahahaha I went through every one, and I am not a spode! the only thing that even came close to something that I would do is argue over using the gloves, because I really do not like people using my gear!

Well, I lack skill and experience. But didn't we all at one point. Does that make me a "spode"? I also keep my bike as pristine as possible so it looks fast even if I'm the slowest guy on the track. Thank god I didn't spring for the black plastics I liked. Can someone tell me the difference between the black number backgrounds I see at the track and black plastics? I'm guessing if the plastic is white underneeth the sticker, then I'm ok. Are Monster or Snow Camo graphics less spodish than Metal Mulisha? Do you ride like a "monster" or do you like to sneek up on other riders under the cover of snow camo in the desert? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie. I guess I need to make sure that when I personalize MY bike, that it looks like everyone else's.

I guess you could say I got a little offended about the plastic color and graphics rip. I don't care for Metal Mulisha either, but I do like the balck plastics. The forgetting of gas and gear can happen to anybody. I laughed at the quad stuff. It was a good read, but a bit on the childish side.

i sometimes look back, but i dont intentionally roost in camp or anything. i usually do it to torture the person unlucky enough to be following right behind me :applause: (i dont like people 'tailgating' me... dont wanna get bumped into if i have to stop.)

i would not call myself a 'spode', i did not qualify for any of the other ones. i dunno, does that count? :applause:

i must be a spode cause i ALWAYS look back at my roost - a habit i started on my 80 something yz80.

spodes keep it real!

youre a spode if you use the little smily face things in your post.