Sign in to follow this  

K&N (or other after market) air filter on a '85 XL350?

has anyone tried to squeeze an after market air filter on this bike? been riding alotta desert trails and fire roads, and one of the mounts cracked off (after the filter AND after the screen!) and another mount is cracking. i'll epoxy it, but i doubt that will be a permanent solution. i will also keep an eye on ebay, but will not be keeping my hopes up there.

any suggestions or opinions are appreciated.

I don't quite understand your posting.

Do you want a different filter for your stock air box or do you want to do away with your stock air box and just attach a filter direct to carb??:applause:

If you air box is brakeing up I would suggest a replacement air box (e-bay),

remove the stock chicken wire inside the air box and install a Uni-filter.:cry:

Hope this helps.

Good luck, Corky :lol::applause::cry:

Do you want a different filter for your stock air box or do you want to do away with your stock air box and just attach a filter direct to carb??:applause:

If you air box is brakeing up I would suggest a replacement air box (e-bay),

remove the stock chicken wire inside the air box and install a Uni-filter.:applause:

i am open to repacing the air box, well, most of it anyway. gotta keep enough at least to hold the battery. living in the desert, i don't have to worry much about any water crossings.

i don't know how i would get the Uni-filter to split the air to the carbs. doesn't seem to be any way behind the screen to clamp a hose onto the existing boots.

and i will keep an eye on ebay, but won't get my hopes up too much...