Kind of a noob question...

I'm 5'10", about 150-155lbs, used to ride a '00 DRZ400 about 4-5 years ago (that thing was heavy), would the YZ250f be plenty of bike? I'm not a very big guy, so I don't want to bite off more than I can chew with a 450. Want to hear some opinions of some 250f owners. Again, sorry for the noob question :applause:

Ben

That's what I was thinking. Found an '04 near me for $2995. http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/1/1/87874111.htm

If I'm not mistaken, the '04 had some upgrades from the '03, right? Trying to search around and see about how much the '04's are going for. You guys have a good idea about what they're bringing?

Speaking of 450's, most of them I've seen have been well over the 3k mark. I'd like to stick right around 3k or less since I have a youngin, she and the wife get most of my money haha.

The 04 has 48mm forks, compared to 43 on the 03. Other than that not anything major was changed. The big change was 04 to 05 where the suspension really got worked over. Don't go earlier than 03 cause that's when it got the auto decompression, which makes starting much easier.

I have a 03 WR250 with all the free mods, FMF Q-pipe, and the power is perfect. My Brother has a YZ450 :applause: And the bike loves to hang the front wheel alot. I do like riding it but the power of my WR250 is much more friendly and if your a good rider you can keep a 450 behind you (if the rider is at the same riding level as you). :applause:

Like I said before, I havent ridden dirt in at LEAST 5 years. I ride street daily though. While the power of the 450 would be great, I think I would get myself in trouble with it. This will be the first MX bike I have owned, so I dont want anything too extreme. Going up to look at that bike I posted earlier to check it out. They have a lot there from what Ive seen, so if that one isnt what Im looking for chances are theyll have something there that will catch my fancy. Most of their prices seem pretty good too, according to NADA, theyre right in between AVG retail and LOW retail. Thanks for all your replies, makes me feel much better about getting a 250. Hopefully if all goes well, Monday Ill have a new (to me) bike :applause: