Sign in to follow this  

Can a stock ttr carb be bored??

Why no try a 24mm Keihin? You can get them pretty cheap. I ran run one with a stock bore and it ran way better than the stock mikuni. Easier to jet too.

I thought the Keihin had a different mount on the front of the carb. I do remember someone selling an adapter for this but I just thought that if I could bore the stock carb out it would be easier in the long run. I have the equipment in my garage to bore it so its not a big deal for me to try.

I got mine done through these guys. Just give them a call. They have no info about it on the website.

www.metromotorcycles.com

I don't think its 24mm though. I know they took 1.5mm out of it.

So its a 21.5mm?

they have done quite a few of them. I have rode a couple different TTR with bored out carbs and there is a improvment. Very easy to jet.

If you have the equipment, then yeah that would be the easiest. The get the Keihin to work you need the BBR adapter, and some work to get the throttle cable and assembly to work. If you don't work with Honda's, it is kind of a pain. Because you need all Honda stuff to make it work. But it has way more bottom and over rev. I actually got to use my rev box. Let us know how it works. :applause:

With the right carb, it's a must for racing. Especially supermoto. Although, it feels like the motor is going to grenade by the end of a long straight. The BBR box goes an extra 1000 rpm. I can't imagine going 1500 more like the big gun box. Plus for motcross, it allows you to not shift as much. You wring it's neck more through out the track. But, if that's not your riding style, then yes, it not really worth it. I came off xr100's that rev much further TTR's. So I kinda need it.

Has anyone heard how the Procom rev boxes are??? I thought they were making them for BBR, but they don't quite have the big BRAND NAME thing going on. Is this true???