Sign in to follow this  

EJP Needle for 07 WR450

Any idea if the EJP needle would be too rich for the 07 WR450? It is smaller in dia all the way up the taper as compared to the stock or 07 YZ450 needle. I really don't want to mess with it if it's a loser.

Thanks

07 WR450 all stock uncorked, sea level

Grey wire, YZ t-stop, PMB quiet tip on stock pipe with spark arrestor. Based on reading here, I'm thinking an extended fuel screw, #40 LJ and a different needle for help on the low end.

I replaced the LJ (70 to 40), and changed the needle (EKP clip2). Midrange is improved :) , but I'm still getting a bog when I crack the throttle from the bottom :smirk: MJ is stock 168. Sea level, 60 degrees with 56% humidity.

I thought about that, but it seems like I read that you had problems with dry rot using rubber o-rings for that mod. Is there an alternative? If not, that's a #78 o-ring, right?

O-ring done, bike tested with about 35 miles of tight, twisty singletrack yesterday and all is well:ride: Was wearing an ear to ear grin (most of the time:eek: ). Bike lugs well and has much more midrange punch. There may be a little more in there, but I've got what I need for now. Thanks again, Eddie-your truly are the jetting master:worthy: