Sign in to follow this  

Need help fast! Bike won't start...

We're heading out to the dunes in about 5hrs and now my bike won't start. We were out a few weeks ago, and the bike ran perfect and started up without any issues.

I always change my oil after every ride, including the air filter. It only has about 15hrs on the motor.

I tried the e-start, but gave up after a few minutes. I put a boot on, and kicked it over. It started up first kick...ran for about 30 seconds...then died. Now I can't start the bike.

The crankcase breather tube is full of clean motor oil. I did NOT overfill it with oil. I emptied the tube, but still can't get it to start.

Yes...the petcock valve is on...it has gas in it...and seems to have normal compression.

Any quick advice on what I can try?????

Thanks!

Gary

Pulled the plug and noticed a very fine layer of oil around the threads and on the tip of the spark plug. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Gary

gprove,

I owe you a lunch :applause: I cleaned the plug and also pulled the carb and cleaned that real well. That seemed to do the trick. Sounds like some sand may have settled in one of the jets??

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! You saved my trip...

Gary

Maybe a pilot circuit? If you cleaned your air filter and oil gets in to the pilot circuit I would try that. Or I would look at the coil underneath the tank to make sure no wires have come loose as this has happened to many people.

TemeculaCRF, save yourself some grief and invest 3 bucks in a fuel line filter like the VISU-FILTER at kevinscycleracing dot com. While your there, it's not a bad idea to pick up the carb vent kit for $20.