Sign in to follow this  

removing old lettering from our trailer

me and my brother just recently bought a used trailer, the people before us used to race go karts and on each side they have a huge vynil; (sp) graphic of a go cart adn each of the recers names, and for some reason a picture of a goofy ass monkey cartoon dancing on the rear door . i've removed most of the stickers but you can still see the outline of them, and some of the glue, ive used a heat gun and a sticker remover knife to get it mostly off but you can still tell that a picture of a monkey and a go cart was on there. anyone know some methods to completely removing these stupid looking stickers and just getting it back to its origional black finish?

don't use goo gone. it'll take the finish of your trailer.

There'll probably still be an outline once you remove the stickers, due to weathering/fading. WD40 works pretty good at removing the goo.

damn, tried both already before starting this thred, didnt know goo gone did that, i wont use it then, but i jsut want to get rid of the crap

I used to work in a bodyshop and we used a hi-speed buffer with a mild abrasive wax that seemed to do the trick. A little work but it should help quite a bit. Hope this helps

If the stuff your talking about is like the outline left by old graphics on a bike, then times 2 for the simple green:thumbsup: