Sign in to follow this  

ssr will not start

i just got my ssr 125, put it together, put some gas in it, and i can't get it to start. I mean theres nothing, when i kick its pretty easy i dont feel much compression . we checked spark and that was good. it has some wirres that are not connected and im not sure if there for if you put lights on it or what. they also might be for cdi because this bike does not have cdi. We tried to push start it and also nothing, no thumps out the exhaust nothing!! need help

What model is it? If it a nuetral start only, then you need to have it in nuetral and have the clutch dis-engaged. If you have the clutch pulled in on the nuetral start only motors, they will feel like there is no compression.

theres many different methods i like to start a fresh motor and let it sit for about a minute or two but in order to get the rings to seat properly it has to have load on it so dont let it just run there and rev it you have to take it for a ride. a parking lot is perfect and just vary the rpms without over revving it i did this for about 20-30 minutes on the a1 and then changed the oil (2nd oil change that is the oil that it comes with is only intending to be shipping oil) after that i ran it almost normally but still had it in my mind that is was still a fresh motor so i didnt push it too hard, after about another hour or 2 on that oil i changed again , you will see shavings in the oil i didnt see alot but enough to notice it and on my 3rd oil change i rode normally, goodluck and have fun