Sign in to follow this  

Loosin up that clutch

whats the best way to make the clutch lever less tough to pull. new lever or is there a fix?:applause: This is always something that killed me. feathering a tough clutch

What kind of bike do you have? The clutch on my CRF450 is very light compared to bikes I've owned in the past. I agree that a new cable or cleaning the old one and making sure everyting is working is about as good as you can do. In the past I owned a Banshee built for sand drags, and it had an aftermarket clutch with very stiff springs and it was a handfull, but I only had to use it twice per pass. I tried a thing called an "E-Z clutch" which gave me more leverage at the lever, but it made the clutch have a very narrow engagement, so I tossed it.

Besides a new clutch cable and good routing maybe a hydraulic clutch would be worth it to you. My GasGas came with a hydraulic clutch, you can easily pull it in with your pinky finger(no kidding). Several euro brands come stock with them, not exactly sure why the jap bikes don't.