Sign in to follow this  

Ty Kwon Do

Welp, I have been in Karate, in which I earned a Brown Belt as a kid. And I had a Green Belt before in a prior Ty Kwon Do school. BUT TONIGHT, I got my Gold Belt at a school I hope to get my black belt with. Since it is a new school, she made us all start at white even though we may have been higher than that. But it was very exciting...I must say the best graduation ceremony I have even been in. I had to get up and show a self defense move and I got to flip my insturctors husband over my back. Purty kewl. Anyway, just though i'd share. I'll keep you up to date.

F>Y>I>

Beginners will earn their first belt early in their Tae Kwon Do training starting with white and moving on to gold, orange, green, blue, red, purple, brown, brown stripe and finally black. And there are 7 stripes you have to get with each belt before you can pass to the next.

• Like 1

WOW buffy, that is something to be proud of:thumbsup: . I don't know much about it. Don't you have to spar with someone to advance a belt color? Sounds like your hands are lethal weapons.:applause:

i was in tae kwon do as a kid to... the belts went

white (yellow stripe)

yellow (green stripe)

green (blue stripe)

blue (red stripe)

red (three black stripes)

i made up to blue with red stripe i dont think they ever changed it

• Like 1

Welp, I have been in Karate, in which I earned a Brown Belt as a kid. And I had a Green Belt before in a prior Ty Kwon Do school. BUT TONIGHT, I got my Gold Belt at a school I hope to get my black belt with. Since it is a new school, she made us all start at white even though we may have been higher than that. But it was very exciting...I must say the best graduation ceremony I have even been in. I had to get up and show a self defense move and I got to flip my insturctors husband over my back. Purty kewl. Anyway, just though i'd share. I'll keep you up to date.

F>Y>I>

Beginners will earn their first belt early in their Tae Kwon Do training starting with white and moving on to gold, orange, green, blue, red, purple, brown, brown stripe and finally black. And there are 7 stripes you have to get with each belt before you can pass to the next.

Congrats on your rank.:applause:

The color belts represent the rank many of the Tae Kwon Do associations have made different adjustments. My school is; white,orange,yellow,camo,green,purple,blue,brown, brown reccomended, brown decided, red reccomended, red decided, black reccomended, 1st degree black.

My daughter and I earned our black belts last spring. It was big goal for me to reach. I have taken some time off lately, and I miss going to class. I think it really helped my riding, I know my flexibility increased as well as my conditioning. My black belt test lasted for three hours, it was pretty brutal. I have gotten out of shape over the winter and I am afraid to go back to class, I may pass out or puke.:lol: We dont get to spar are instructors during testing.

I would not want to find out what would happen if I flipped one of my intructors over my shoulder. My instructors are great people, but they respond in kind, plus a little extra.

There are lots of TT members that take martial arts.:applause:

Good luck on your TKD journey.

• Like 1

I used to take karate, it was pretty fun. I only got up to my second belt, the "high yellow" because the softball season started and I had to miss the classes. I'm pretty sure the belt thing went White, Yellow, High Yellow [ yellow with white stripe ], Green, Red, Purple, Blue, Brown, Black, but I could be wrong. It was a long time ago.

• Like 1

Every school organizes its belt ranks differently. I took tae kwon do, shotokan and kenpo classes when I was younger. The kenpo was BY FAR the best; we had a kickass instructor who moved us up a belt level very, very slowly so each stripe meant way more. I've thought about doing it again but the schools around here are pretty expensive.

Yeagh, it is $69 for 1 month, two days a week for 45 minutes. And she does move up belts very slowly. I started 1st week in December...never missed a class and JUST NOW got my gold belt. I was ready for it in January, but she goes slow. grrrr...

congrats. our belts went

white(yellow stripe)

yellow(green stripe)

green(blue stripe)

blue(red stripe)

red

jr. black belt

black belt