Sign in to follow this  

crf250x with yoshimura muffler

guys,

maybe u can help. any jetting recommendation for my crf250x 2006 model . no airbox cut or any CCC mods. i only want to replace my stock muffler with yoshimura muffler trc slip on still using my stock headers. i bought the 42 pilot jet and JD jettings

40-2000 sea level

18-32'C temp all year round

main jet

pilot jet

needle / clip position

fuel screw

thanks in advance

42,162 but do the air box recommendation in the JD kit... it's a must

Certainly up to you as to what you want to do - but I am curious as to why this approach? Doing the CCC mods, not counting the cam and header, will be about the same price as a pipe and add significnatly more to the bike.

Certainly up to you as to what you want to do - but I am curious as to why this approach? Doing the CCC mods, not counting the cam and header, will be about the same price as a pipe and add significnatly more to the bike.

Besides the jet kit which it sounds like he already has the CCC mods are free if you are not counting the cam and header aren't they?

Anyways, from what I know (which isn't much) If you open up the exhaust and re jet, you are also going to have to open up your intake... need more air for that higher flow and jets.. I was a little hesitant at first but defiantly realize it was worth it now!

But yeah a 162 main should be good if you open er up.. otherwise I am not sure I forget my needle position.. and the fuel screw you will find is ever changing (or maybe my bike is ever changing ha ha) depending on the time of year and weather...

Besides the jet cost,7.00,unless you by the JD kit you you can get the rest of the stuff for less than a pipe on E-Bay.CCCmods are virtualy free.