Sign in to follow this  

What jets for a 94 XR250L?

Can someone post a pic of what jets I need for my bike.Amazing how many different types of jets there are. So then I only have to take my bike apart 1 time. I went to my local honda shop and they don't have any and don't know what ones they take.So they tell me to take them out and bring them in. Then they will order me some. I am lazy I'd rather take it apart and put it back together at the same time.

Can someone post a pic of what jets I need for my bike.Amazing how many different types of jets there are. So then I only have to take my bike apart 1 time. I went to my local honda shop and they don't have any and don't know what ones they take.So they tell me to take them out and bring them in. Then they will order me some. I am lazy I'd rather take it apart and put it back together at the same time.

I think I have some from my bike at home, I'll try to take some pictures for you tonight. The thing is, are you 100% sure what size jets are in the bike now? There's no guarantee that they're still stock, and you should probably check what you have before you buy anything different. I made that mistake when I bought a smaller countershaft sprocket for mine, only to find out when I went to replace it that the previous owner had the same idea--and it's still geared too high!

Anyway, you don't have to disassemble anything to get to the jets, the carb bowl can be dropped without even turning the carb. You'll need a little stubby screwdriver and you have to be careful of the shaft for the pumper, but I can drop the bowl, replace the jets, and put it back together in 15 minutes. Open it up and take the jets with you to the shop, that way you'll get exactly what you need. Won't take hardly any time at all.

Find a XR250R carb and go from there, starts out with bigger main and pilot and less smog control restrictions...