Sign in to follow this  

new bike w/fork noise???

Just brought home a new 06 450TC, thought I heard something kinda jingling during the parking lot circle I did before loading it up, sounded like a loose bracket jingling. Mentioned it to dealer but figured I would find something simple. While pumping the forks to align the front axel I hear it again, sounds like its in the left fork tube just below the lower triple clamp. Sounds like the spring ringing off internals or the outer tube. Never heard this on my other Marzokes or any fork for that matter, so I suspect something is amiss, anyone have a simple solution or diagnosis? Common noise??? Thanks, Jim.

Just brought home a new 06 450TC, thought I heard something kinda jingling during the parking lot circle I did before loading it up, sounded like a loose bracket jingling. Mentioned it to dealer but figured I would find something simple. While pumping the forks to align the front axel I hear it again, sounds like its in the left fork tube just below the lower triple clamp. Sounds like the spring ringing off internals or the outer tube. Never heard this on my other Marzokes or any fork for that matter, so I suspect something is amiss, anyone have a simple solution or diagnosis? Common noise??? Thanks, Jim.

I understand it's quite common and considered normal for the 45mm and 50mm forks.

OK, good to hear. Have had 4 sets of Zokes and this is the first set with this noise, squishes and gurgles sure, ringing no. Thanks for the peace of mind, Jim.

You might also be hearing the rear brake disk, I'm not sure on the TC but on the TE they float and make quite a clanging racket while riding...but not so much when depressing the forks to align the front wheel.

When the Magazine "Transexual (Transworld?) Motocross" tested (slaughtered) the same Bike they whined about that too. Might be the "Launch Clip" hitting?

The jingle seems to be in the forks, I had a buddy put a hand on the rotors to check, definetly in the front though. Sounds like a loose metal bracket ringing off the frame but there is nothing close to the steering head I can find that is loose. The fork springs are my next guess, sounds like one ringing. Common noise though??? I first heard it while puttering in 1st gear, wouldn't do it with clutch pulled in and varying RPMs, only with clutch out, light ringing, not from the engine. Same noise when I bounce the front end. Thanks, Jim.