Uptite Y

I just thought some of you might want to see what it looks like, it seems like nice quality, all of Georges stuff is high quality. It was a little difficult to get the hose just right with no kinks, I had to shorten both sides of the hose that comes out of the water pump.

TEmods001.jpg

And on the bike

TEmods002.jpg

• Like 1

I just thought some of you might want to see what it looks like, it seems like nice quality, all of Georges stuff is high quality. It was a little difficult to get the hose just right with no kinks, I had to shorten both sides of the hose that comes out of the water pump.

TEmods001.jpg

And on the bike

TEmods002.jpg

I got George's Y right after he made the first batch, it's been working great for more than 100 hours. I can easily feel more heat being dissipated by the right rad with it.

Why does the right rad dissapate heat faster with this Y?

Because the RT rad was in bypass mode with the T pipe...all the flow went from the water pump to the left rad and the RT got hot.

My Y pipe is still sitting on my kitchen table. I was rather pleased at the quality. Even has "Up-tite Husky" molded in. Accept no substitutes. :applause:

Because the RT rad was in bypass mode with the T pipe...all the flow went from the water pump to the left rad and the RT got hot.

My Y pipe is still sitting on my kitchen table. I was rather pleased at the quality. Even has "Up-tite Husky" molded in. Accept no substitutes. :applause:

That means that with stock "T" the fluid in the right radiator is hotter than the fluid in left radiator ?

TIA,

AJSB

That means that with stock "T" the fluid in the right radiator is hotter than the fluid in left radiator ?

TIA,

AJSB

I never ran temp strips on the rads but if you look at the system with the tank off the bike you will see what is going on. With the T the pressurized fluid is expected to magically turn 90 degrees mid flow and go to the left equally. On a slow flow pressurized system this would work out fine. Faster flows and my bet is most fluid goes straight to the right side and the left is reduced and gets hotter. I imaging if you could take the T off and rotate it a quarter turn so the flow has to split both directions that would solve all the problem. I don't know if it will fit like that though.