Sign in to follow this  

The Powerball, best thing for Motocross

http://www.powerballs.com/

This is supposed to be an amazing tool used to develop and strengthen your forearms, hands, wrists and fingers and also give them more co-ordination. I was going to buy one today at Dick's fitness depot but my I didnt have any money on me. Notice on the site, theres a rider on the 4th picture down to the left?

The person I was talking to at the store said he has one at his house, and it creates gyroscopic force (very, very hard to explain) throughout your arms and it will wear out your arms quickly but if you do it everyday you will significantly strengthen them.

Does anyone have one? Im going to buy one for sure, they look pretty damn good. Originally, I used a piece of shaft of wood and drilled a hole in the middle and tied a rope to it, and dangling from the rope was a weight, but apparently that only strengthens certain areas of your arms.

This is what I am currently using wrist_rollers_forearm_grip_exercise_lrg.jpg

This is what Im talking about powerball-bluelight-shot.jpg

Even if the thing totally sucks I just take it back and get my money back. But it logically makes sense, in physics we learned about gyroscopic force and this ties in with it.

Any opinions?

I've messed with one, but I could never get it to spin right, maybe it was messed up. I could kind of feel the force, but I don't know. I think regular weights would be better and easier.

usually stuff like that encourage arm pump in your forearms. Not sure why, but I read it in a TWMX mag.

Dont waste the money... Just get a spare pipe laying around, get a barbell weight for whatever weight you want, and make a duct-tape cord to raise and lower. It works just as good...

I've used one since the 2nd op on my shoulder a couple of years ago. I can't hold a weight out in front for very long now but the Powerball lets me take it easy an exercise the same muscles.

are pump is not cause your not strong but more because your riding tense and not staying loose, i weigh 130 pounds but get less arm pump than the strongest guy out there

a climber friend recommended one to me and i tried it for a week. it does not really tire out your arm while you are doing it nor does it feel like you get a workout. afterwards, you are not sore and can do it again for the same amount without any fatigue. i noticed i could do it as long as i wanted to without ever really getting tired. i checked with my buddy and he said i was using it right (i don't think it is possible to use it wrong due to the gyroscopic nature of the thing). it didn't help me with my holds while climbing so i am pretty sure it wouldn't help while motocrossing. while it is a neat gizmo, i don't think it offers much in the cure of arm fatigue problems.

it should be noted that i could only get it to go so fast. i think some of the stuff the website shows might be a little exaggerated. this was five years ago so the one i used did not have a digital display either.

Squeeze a tennis ball. Similar effect asstick bar and you can do it any where.