Sign in to follow this  

Jetting Questions?

Can anyone help me with some jetting questions. I have an 06 KX250f and was wondering if i should leave the jetting alone or if anyone has changed it and also what they did. I have a twin air filter, procircuit ti-4 exhaust and also procircuit cams installed plus the power now and power now plus and a boysen quick shot. I have not ridden it yet since i installed the cams though. I have started it. I live in South Dakota right now and the elavation is about 3000 feet. Plus it has been figid cold. This has been my winter project and put around $1400 in it. When i started it I let it run for about 10-15 min letting it warm up at iddle for a while. When i played with the throttle it seemed to hesitate a little if you quickly cracked the throttle. I know though that it is hard to warm the motor up when you can't ride it though. So my questions are should i leave the jetting alone or change it? Has anyone at around 3000ft adjusted anything on their carbs? I know that with the engine changes and bolt on changes I have done, it will be hard to compare to anyone elses bike but any advise would help and be appreciated. Thanks guys!

hesitate like how...is it bogging down, or like does it sound erratic, or does it seem like the engine will cut off

It sounds like it just takes a second to catch up. Like you crack the throttle and it takes a split second for the engine to rap out. The engine sounds Great though. I know that the timing is good because i checked it several times and it raps out great as well it just takes a split second from the time you crack the throttle till the rpms jump up.

wat u are saying is normal especially running in cold and dense temps...but from wat ur saying, it sounds like its either an AP problem (not enough squirt, to slow of a squirt that it hits the valve slide, duraton/timing)...OR its pILOT CIRCUIT ISSUE......So it could be a jetting issue/throttle response issue with the AP...i would think its the Ap...But also..the settings u have could change when the temp changes...leave it alone for now until u can ride it in normal warm temp...and ride it throught the whole powerband to make sure its not just the pilot circuit....