Sign in to follow this  

snorkel?

hi guys, i,ve got a standard drz sm, i was wandering if just taking the snorkel pipe out and cutting a larger hole would make any difference to power on its own?

does antone here have ab akropovic end can? are they any good, i,ve been offered a brand new one for very cheap..

A full system will give you the best power increase over a slip on, best place to get one is the USA even after shipping and all the taxes...

i think i noticed a slight power increase after removing the snorkel but it could of been all in my mind as it makes the bike louder and sound a lot better.

hi guys, i,ve got a standard drz sm, i was wandering if just taking the snorkel pipe out and cutting a larger hole would make any difference to power on its own?

No, the DRZ is jetted borderline lean from the factory, you will just make it worse.

A jet kit is needed to enable the 3x3 to work.

I know the Acro is the best system easily available in the UK, but it is still very loud

and does not produce the power gains that a full Yosh does, S/S or Ti.

Also there are no baffles or Db killer available for the DRZ Acro, at least the Yosh comes with a baffle.

Neil. :applause: :applause: :lol:

I put a full Yosh system and a new jet in my 03' klx 400. (same as drz) It was like geting a new bike! Luckily for me the guy at the dealership hooked me up when I purchased the bike!:applause:

Look up 3X3 mod with the search tool. You can get better drivability and modest gains doing that and a jet kit for about $60, don't know what it would cost over there.