Sign in to follow this  

Thinking about Belfair on Sunday. Ride report?

I've never been before.

Wandering what the conditions are.

It's that or Rieter(another place I've never been).

Any input would be great.

Belfair ,with all the rain is going to be like riding in a lake,and reiter will be like riding on ice with all the rocks and roots...JMO...betwwen the two I would go to Belfair...when you get out from the quad trails the soil seems to be ok on the single track...but getting there your going to get WET!!...later

Well at least the snow may deter some folks from going out. granted it's a fun place to ride and one of the few open year round. You need to observe some caution as it's very easy to have an incident when the place get's full. Especially on the 2 track stuff. Singlr track trails tend to be a bit safer. Probably the closest to you though.

I was at belfair on thursday and friday and it was pretty good aside from the monster puddles ( especially on the two track). i am sure that with the rain/snow today they are of course, worse but still a great place to ride when wet....

Joe

I met Brother-in-Law out there Saturday. Where do I begin....? So Friday was the best day to ride and the weather was pretty good. Saturday morning @ 5ish it started snowing. We showed up around 10:30 am ( it was snowing in North Bend when we left) and it was mixed rain and snow when we got there. My brother-in-laws heater died in the middle of the night and they froze.. My boy doesn't have any rain gear and it looked to be a miserable time to be had by all, so we didn't even unpack the bikes. We helped everyone else pack up, and we all took off. It just ended up being a fuel burning mission to go over, let everyone warm up in my camper, have lunch and drive home. To top it off I found a leak in my camper :lol::cry: :cry: :applause: :applause: .

I met Brother-in-Law out there Saturday. Where do I begin....? So Friday was the best day to ride and the weather was pretty good. Saturday morning @ 5ish it started snowing. We showed up around 10:30 am ( it was snowing in North Bend when we left) and it was mixed rain and snow when we got there. My brother-in-laws heater died in the middle of the night and they froze.. My boy doesn't have any rain gear and it looked to be a miserable time to be had by all, so we didn't even unpack the bikes. We helped everyone else pack up, and we all took off. It just ended up being a fuel burning mission to go over, let everyone warm up in my camper, have lunch and drive home. To top it off I found a leak in my camper :cry: :cry: :eek::applause::lol: .

Aaaahhhhh........ off road riding in Western WA :applause:

I met Brother-in-Law out there Saturday. Where do I begin....? So Friday was the best day to ride and the weather was pretty good. Saturday morning @ 5ish it started snowing. We showed up around 10:30 am ( it was snowing in North Bend when we left) and it was mixed rain and snow when we got there. My brother-in-laws heater died in the middle of the night and they froze.. My boy doesn't have any rain gear and it looked to be a miserable time to be had by all, so we didn't even unpack the bikes. We helped everyone else pack up, and we all took off. It just ended up being a fuel burning mission to go over, let everyone warm up in my camper, have lunch and drive home. To top it off I found a leak in my camper :lol::cry: :cry: :applause: :applause: .

wow....i'm glad i was there thurs and friday as they were mostly sunny and cool days.

Joe

Thanks for all of the input.

We ended up going to Walker Valley..... very wet! Had a great time.

There was alot of snow at the top.

Going to try belfair on a week day sometime in the near future.

Rieter = lots of rocks and broken parts on your bike. I have left that spot and not even fallen over and had to buy a new pipe. That place is so hard on your bike.

Belfair on Sunday was wet, wet, wet. And the snow and rain from the night before really weighed down the brush, could hardly see the trail at times.

We kept hoping the rain would let up just a bit but it never did. There was a patch of 4 or so medium sized trees down and with only 1 hand saw it took 4of us forever to clear them so we were frozen by the time they were out of the way. Finally called it a day after only 24 miles.

My fingers were so cold it was hard to push the button!

I still had fun but will suit up with more than a vented jersey and windbreaker next time. :applause:

Rieter will make a better rider out of ya :applause:

+1

went for the first time yesterday......realized my skills need some work.