Sign in to follow this  

07450xc working with stock suspension

Just pu my 450xc yesterday:applause: would like to know if anybody has some working numbers on ajusting the suspension:excuseme: Im about 155 160 without gear and ride single trail, desert, and a lot of freeride stuff. I will be sending my suspension off for revalve in about 2 months, but would like to get the stocker stuff dialed in for now. Any info or working suspension numbers that you guys are using would be great!!! thanks:thumbsup:

I also have 450XC 07,5hrs. on bike. I weight 160lb no gear and ride trail/desert. Rear shock: 114mm race sag, 42mm free sag, high speed 1 3/4 out, low speed 15 out, rebound 23 out. Forks compression 18/19 out, rebound 19 out. Suspension is tight when new, works better the more hrs you ride.

Thanks Fajiatas for the reply:thumbsup: Ill give those # a try after i break the bike in a little bit. Are those # from all the way hard backed out to soft or vise versa?:applause:

All the way in clockwise then count number of clicks out counter clockwise, except shock highspeed adjuster has no detent/click turn all the way in, mark with color feltpen then turn back out.

10/4 man thats the way Ive done it on my Hondas:thumbsup: Ive heard of people doing the other way:excuseme: Just thought Id ask:worthy: Thanks for the reply:thumbsup:

Guys

I have a 2005 and run is tigth trails with SAG 100 mmm (difference), front 15/17 and rear similar to Fajitas. What do you mean by "114mm race sag, 42mm free sag, high speed 1 3/4 out, low speed "?

Question - what is different from our 2007 to the 2005 450 KTM?

Another question, did you consider the 250 XCW?

Cheer

MT