Sign in to follow this  

110 tire on WR125?

Is a 110/100- 18 tire too much rubber for a WR125? Or should I just stick with the 100?

if you have the choice,go with the 100.The 110 will be fine however,especially

off road.I have used 110's before with little to no ill effect.

Hi,

in my 15 odd -years on the Cagiva 125 mx -enduro bikes, I ran wider"250" tyres because they had a bigger footprint on soft ground, and I found that this helped the bike "float "on top of really swampy terrain.

I appreciate that may stop the motor being spun -up into the power ,but that really isn't my riding style.

I have just bought a 2001/02 cr 125 husky (missed the Cagiva!!)

and am in the process of changing it over to more trail /less mx riding style,

I'll stick with the mx gear ratios tho. because you can short-shift the bike so much more..

reading of all the people over your way that have done the CR thing has helped me regain the faith,

Charlie - varesecrazy

The 110 should be OK on hard material and rocks. But beware that a 110 on a 125 in sand will be a problem, you will have troubles holding your revs and getting up on the pipe.

I had a 110 Kenda Millville on it, and I think I am going to go back to the 100/100-18. My WR135 runs best when you can get the rear tire to break loose and get on the pipe. The big tire is OK, but the little tire lets it wind up easier.