Sign in to follow this  

03YZ450F jetting question?

i am having a problem with my pipe out of the head turning red. my local dealer said it is common. i do not agree. i used to run a 250R and i had the jetting down to a art. this just doesn't make sense to me. i live in Ky about 800ft alt. and generally the temp is around 80. it has been cold lately. last night when i road it indoor it turned red only at idle. as soon as i took off it looked normal. the motor runs great but the pipe worries me. right now it is a stock motor with a fmf powerbomb header and TC pipe. i was told by the previous owner that it had a port job. but thats it. he was also running 113 Klotz race fuel. i didn't see the need for it with a stock motor so i switched back to 93 pump. the reason for the exhaust combo is, it's on a laeger. if anyone has any info. it would help a lot. thanks

thanks for the help. also what is your opinion on a K&N filter vs. a UNI foam filter. i have ran both and am not sure which one is better suited for MX. thanks

Hey man the headerpipe will turn red . thats normal really dude. As far as a k&n filter ,No to that !! Stay with the foam filters as uni is the best and use a good filter oil, and absolutely squeezw out any extra oil when servicing it.

thanks for the help. all i have ever ran is honda motors. they tend to be a little different. also they are quad motors. i guess this is different cause it's a bike motor. again thanks for the help