Sign in to follow this  

Another carb question

This happened all of a sudden, when I let off the throttle the motor slowly drops to idle position and some times stays reved until I pump the throttle a few times then it will drop down and idle just fine. I adjusted the idle down and it was better but would not idle-adjusted up and it got much worse. Any ideas?

Thanks for the info. 1/2 turn out on the on the fuel screw might have done it. Will know better after next ride.

yea its a lean mix issue...yea suggest using the fuel screw...but the fuel screw would mostly fix pilot circuit settings, so it should solve ur problem...also with the bike warm and idleing turn the fuel screw in till the idle drops.then go back out till the idle smooths out.

if u have the correct pilot jet, then this should happen between 1 and 2.5 turns on a fcr carb

if you end up at less than 1 turn you need a smaller pilot jet.more than 2.5 you need a bigger pilot jet

learned this from Eddie

another thought is that you could have your hotstart lever stuck open, had that happen on a friends Yamaha 250f

It would idle irradically, and backfire really loud when getting off the gas etc.