Sign in to follow this  

Oil over flow?

I am a new owner of a 2001 yz 125, so i dont know much about two stokes. There is an oil over flow hose coming out of the cylinder, and there is a small puddle of oil on my skid plate, directly under the hose, is this normal?

Thanks in advance

That would be your powervalve breather hose. It's normal to get a little bit of dripping oil out of it after a ride.

Thanks Yall, I was getting worried for a while, but Im glad to hear that it is normal.

is it also normal to have exhast coming out of it?

A little bit, yea.

If there's a LOT of smoke or oil coming out, you may want to investigate further, but really the only thing to watch out for is milky oil or coolant.

A little bit, yea.

If there's a LOT of smoke or oil coming out, you may want to investigate further, but really the only thing to watch out for is milky oil or coolant.

I just changed the oil, not to milky but a little...

I just changed the oil, not to milky but a little...

Not the crankcase oil, but watch for a large amount of milky oil coming out of the powervalve breather hose, which would be a symptom of either a leaky head gasket.

Not the crankcase oil, but watch for a large amount of milky oil coming out of the powervalve breather hose, which would be a symptom of either a leaky head gasket.

the little bit off oil coming out is not milky

the little bit off oil coming out is not milky

Oh, were you talking about the tranny oil?

If that's milky you either A.) Have a leaky water pump seal or B.) Got some water or something in your transmission (This is possible if you ride through deep water).

I changed mt tranny oil and it was a tad milky, from deep water...

The oil coming out of the hose is not milky...

Thanks