Sign in to follow this  

My son's first jump!!!

Here is a pic of my 5 year old son taking his first jump on his CRF50. He got the bike in mid December and has a handful of rides on it. I just suggested that he ride down the second hill, he hit the jump like a champ. I need to get this on video.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/canderso1970/109_0980-1.jpg

The photo didn't upload completely to photobucket but the important information is there.

Thanks for the props for my son.

The jump leaves just at the front edge of the drainage grate to left side of the pic. Overall he probably got about a foot and a half off the ground.

He seems to have a lot of natural ability. We were riding the other day and he stopped. I pulled up to see if there was a problem. He turned and looked at me, "Want to race." He hit 32mph on that little stock 50!

It has been a ton of fun. 2 hours at a time on the bike is nothing for him. He always wants to ride more.

I am working on getting access to a motocross track to see him ride. Only trails right now.

Ratbiker-

must have posted at the same time. Great pic!

Where are you riding? I am down toward Maple Valley.

Federal way tiney track not much room but practice is coming up at pacific raceways.Have you thought of bringing him there?

Hopefully he gets a little more mileage out of the 50, but I would be lying if I didn't admit to thinking about what is next.

I remember my youngest son's first jumps, I was about a hundred yards away but I could hear him clearly hollering "WOOHOO" every time he got some air.

Still makes me smile. Great memories!

Here is a pic of my 5 year old son taking his first jump on his CRF50. He got the bike in mid December and has a handful of rides on it. I just suggested that he ride down the second hill, he hit the jump like a champ. I need to get this on video.

sweet heres my 7 year old not his first but dialing it in.

You dads have got to be happy campers, those kids are :applause:

Do ya think they could give me some pointers? :applause:

109_0980-1.jpg

kylejump1.jpg

Nice! Thanks for the post, my little guy's only five months old, but I'd be lying to say I haven't already thought about his first little fifty.

Right now I lay toys out in front of him and tell him too pick a color. Of course I lay three green ones out and he always pick the red one.

His mom rides red...mommas boy.

Nice! Thanks for the post, my little guy's only five months old, but I'd be lying to say I haven't already thought about his first little fifty.

Right now I lay toys out in front of him and tell him too pick a color. Of course I lay three green ones out and he always pick the red one.

His mom rides red...mommas boy.

Ha ha...Better please the wife:busted: